Canon IJ Setup
Helpline Number : +1-877-200-8067
Canon, the renowned brand has everything in it very prominent. Starting from their cameras, to cinematography solutions to scanner as well as printers – every single thing has its own particular productivity. Here we are going to speak about the canon printers in particular, which is probably considered the best of all. Every single printer of Canon is known for its smoothening production and mind blowing results. If we talk about the PIXMA & IJ series, it has few unusual features of its own. The PIXMA iP8770 is known for its ISO print standard speed resulting to 14.5ipm/black and 10.4ipm/colour. Its speed strength results in very high in USB 2.0 and it is very much accessible in Wi-Fi, wireless pictbridge and AirPrint. Coming to the other IJ PIXMA products, after you’re done with this Canon IJ Setup in your place, you’ll come across some striking and bestsellers have features like the on-stop solution for all worries. It has a very alluring quality which attracts everybody towards buying it. A very satisfying feature of this series is its ability to connect with everything possible like the Bluetooth, USB, cloud and what not. Who doesn’t go for the look? Probably everybody and this series has that too. It is very fascinating in its appearance with its sleek design so ultimately pursuing with this Canon IJ Setup is a must.
Coming to the MAXIFY series, it is a perfect piece for people who are in need of a multi-functional printer. This printer has a very high speed of production which is 24 ipm mono and 15.5 ipm colour. We often face instances when we forget our cables that is when this wireless feature of this series comes to our rescue. Another very effective point is, it has direct access to the cloud segment. Its capacity is something to be applauded about, it can result up to 250 sheet and 50 sheet which is so apt for small companies. To Setup Canon Printer of Maxify Series you have to follow the Setup steps.
Our very old and popular laser series must also be spoken of, this is a Compact piece. It has a printing speed of 23 ppm in one-side ones. The technology attached with it is monochrome laser beam printing method. It has a quality resulting to 1200 * 1200 dpi along with a resolution of 600 * 600. As a whole, this series is like the old is gold one and also affordable. But this series printers have certain setup issues for perfect & complete steps of canon printer setup for this type of series you have to read more in this page.
A much highlighted series of printer of Canon is the SELPHY one. The striking features of this are, firstly, its MOPRIA feature which makes it very accessible to printing from the android devices. Secondly, its Wi-Fi printing availability which makes the audience go for this & even more. Its speedy productivity along with a remarkable quality is something to look for in every printer. It has a quite big tilt-up LCD screen resulting to 8.1 cm. for most of the people getting prints of IDs are mandatory, especially for organizations. This printer’s special features has marked it to be one of the most availed Canon printer and for setup canon printer SELPHY you have to follow the on site steps for manual setup.
Guide To Installing Canon Printer
Most of the printers of Canon are very practical in nature and therefore it is very easy to install it – it is basically automatically installed on PCs which are centrally advocated and the audience can use it according to their wish.
Installing A New Canon Printer
When it comes to installing a new canon printer then following the below steps are necessities:
- Jump to the start menu and go to the Install Printers under the HY segment. You have to search for the printer miniature on the list and simply click on it.
- Then a very crucial step which you have to focus on is to put down the number of the printer properly on the search field.
- Hit search button.
- In a black coloured box you will catch serial numbers. Serial number 1 will ask you for the search criteria of the printer which will include putting for instance the Canon printer number or street address, etc.
- Thence, click on the search button for finding the printer.
- Thence, you have to jump to the printer option which you want
- Eventually click on the install option
- Happiness alert: You can actually install more than one printer at a particular time
- Confirmation message will be sent to you revealing that the process was a success
- Now, you have to search from the list of printers that which is the one that is default. Jump to Devices and Printers from the same start menu.
- If at that time you want to change the default printer then you can do it that time instantly.
- Just flow to the printer you want to make as default then click on it with the secondary button of your mouse.
- The printer which you have selected will be shown having a green coloured tick underneath and then you are all set.
Canon IJ Wireless Printer Setup Guide
We can see various steps involved canon printer setup and how to connect this printer to the computer or smart devices through wireless mode. Using this canon.com/ij setup you can easily share your documents, photos, videos, and so on with your friends or neighboring systems easily without connecting it using the USB.
What Is canon.com/ijsetup ?
Before knowing about the process to connect the printer to the computer or other devices, we can see about the canon ij setup. The canon.com/ijsetup is the procedure to connect your printer to the other devices using a wireless connection. When the network connection is made with the canon printer then you can take print from your devices such as smartphones, tablets, computers, laptops or other devices without using the USB cable.
What Are The Requirements For Connecting The Canon IJ Printer To Wireless Network?
In this topic, we can see the requirements we should have before canon ij setup & after that connecting the printer to the wireless network.
- You must have an access point such as a modem, router or a Wi-Fi modem. And also you must make sure the connection provided in these access points are functioning properly.
- Then you must at least have a smart device or computer which has an internet connection, to make the canon ij setup. To ensure that your device is connected to the internet, open the browser and type the extension canon.com/ij setup which opens all the details regarding the canon com ij setup.
These are two important factors you should consider before the canon/ij setup. After checking these things you can easily connect the canon printer to your smart devices.
The various steps involved in connecting the printer to the wireless network using the “canon.com/ijsetup” are as follows:
- The windows users have to put the CD that has been provided with the printer set for initiating with the Canon wireless printer setup. If you’re not having the CD or if you are a MAC user then you have to direct towards downloading the software manual and follow the printer which you are availing.
- Then you will find a screen appearing and on that you’ve to click on NEXT. If you are a MAC user then you have to type the password so that the helper tool can be installed. Then again you have to click on NEXT to ensure a smooth functioning.
- IMPORTANT STEP: here you will find a screen appearing which will feature whether you will want to pursue with USB or wireless connection. Go for the wireless connection obviously.
- Then, you have to keep in mind that the printer must be switched on and also the power lamp is on and then jump to NEXT.
- Next, you have to associate with the network by connecting.
- A screen will appear from where you have to select ‘cableless setup’. If you are a pursuer of Windows XP then you won’t be able to see the ‘cableless setup’ option but you will have to select ‘other setup’ option. Then the Windows XP people have to direct towards selecting the ‘wireless setup using the USB cable’ for the Canon wireless printer setup option.
- A very crucial step is this one. you will notice ‘connection via cableless setup’ option appearing and from there you have to jump to the printer’s wifi option and keep on holding until the orange coloured alarm lamp sparkles twice and then you just release it.
- Henceforth, you have to make sure that the blue coloured Wi-fi lamp portion is flashing instantly and simultaneously the green coloured power lamp is sparkling. Then select NEXT.
- NOTE: while you do this you have to remember that your network connection will be unavailable for quite sometime. Select NEXT.
- Thence your region must be selected then select NEXT.
- Put your place where you are residing and click on NEXT
- Then, you have to jump onto the software which you wish to install. You can always uninstall it in the upcoming future.
- On the following screen you have to select on ‘YES’ to ensure that you’ve correctly clicked on the end users license agreement.
- Then on the following screen you will come across the printer model as well as the name of the wireless network.
- Eventually click COMPLETE to end the Canon wireless printer setup process.
Setting Up Canon IJ Printer With USB
- If you are unable to locate your printer after you’re done with your Canon printer setup or go through with ij.start.canon then you have to select ‘setup network connection via USB’ and jump onto NEXT.
- A screen will follow from which you have to jump towards canon ij setup and connecting your printer with your computer by attaching the USB cable. If you are a MAC user then click on NEXT.
- After all this is done then you will notice on the screen the access point with which your computer is connected with. If you want your printer to associate with that particular wireless network then go ahead, click YES.
- If you are a MAC user, then direct towards clicking ALLOW. Then a screen will appear from which you have to dismantle your printer from the computer and select NEXT.
- If you are a Windows user, click on COMPLETE.
- This is only for MAC users, after the attachment of your printer with your computer the access point will be featured and then you’ve to click on OK.
- Then jump onto ADD PRINTER.
- On the screen thereafter click on the particular driver version that you are looking for and click on ADD.
- For completion of the whole Canon IJ setup, jump onto NEXT.
How To Install The Canon IJ Printer Driver?
After connecting your printer to a wireless network, you can take a print out from various devices. Now we are going to see how to install a canon printer driver to your computer using a wireless network. Installing the network printer is a tedious task when compared to the USB connection.
- First, read the installation guide if you have a hard copy of user manual then read this one & for online user manual user can visit canon.com/ijsetup to access user manual & other settings also provided with your canon printer.
- Connect to the wireless network using the display screen provided in the Canon wireless printer.
- If your printer is successfully connected to your network, then you can easily install by opening the control panel.
- In the control panel select the devices and printer and in that select the add printer option.
- Next select add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer option from various options available.
- Then select your wireless printer from the list of printers available.
- Now install the driver software needed for your computer by clicking the install driver button.
If you need to know further details regarding the process of installation you can visit the ij.start.canon.
This is the entire process of connecting your Canon printer to your computer through canon ij setup. After all the formalities of the setup are over and you have been successfully connected to your printer via your Mac, make sure to give your printer a trial. Select any random document from the file and folders of your computer and go to the print icon or option present anywhere in the document and select it. Check if your printer is successfully able to process your request of printing that particular document. If you have a print of your document extracted out the printer, it indicates the printer is connected and working as well. If are not able to obtain a print, you can contact the service center or the esteemed personnel who provide after sale services as they can help you install the printer.
If you are facing any problems with any of the printer options or mistakenly you selected some options of which you had no idea. You can perform a factory reset on the printer, to setup and manual related issues are solved on Canon.com/ijsetup to help it install all the default options provided by the manufacturer. For restoring the default setting of the printer, you have to press and hold the cancel or the resume button. You have to hold it till the alarm beside it flashes for 17 times straight. After the 17th flash, you can let go of the button. This would restore all the default option which was programmed into your printer. If faced with any problems here as well, you can contact the esteemed service center person and get in touch with the company’s service.
Most Frequent Questions & Answers
Many years ago you were not able to connect your mobile. There was a restriction that you have to connect those big printers to your computer or laptop only. But with the advancement of technology it became possible and now we can connect our mobile phone either Android or iPhone to the printer. Canon printer is one of the best printers available in the market. It is very easily available in the market and you can buy it from online sites too. It is perfect in size and does not consume much space.
Canon is one of the best brands for its entire product. In the same way, “Canon printers” are the best among all. This printer gives you the best quality of printing and you can connect it with your mobile phones, computer, and laptop. Nowadays, most of the people are using iPhone and they prefer to print their work through their phones only. But it is necessary to learn all about how to connect your canon printer to iPhone.
Steps to Follow
Here are the steps which you can follow and connect Canon printer to iPhone-
- Firstly you need to download the “Canon print” app. You need to download this app in your iPhone or any iOS device. Go to the app store and find this app and download.
- After installing the app, now the turn of the settings of your printer comes. Please, ensure that the wire is connected to the plug and is turned on. (*whenever you are using any electronic device, never switch on before inserting the plug. So, before inserting the plug always check the switch. Or, if the switch is direct then very carefully insert the plug to the switchboard.)
- Now, you will see that there are some options of light on your printer. So, when you turn on your printer then you will observe that the green light turns on.
- Now, you will observe that there is an option of Wi-Fi given on your Canon printer. Firstly, you see that blue light is blinking on your printer.
- If the blue light of Wi-Fi is not visible then press the Wi-Fi button until you hear the sound of alarm kind coming two times.
- Now, after two-alarm voice, release the button. Now, the blue light of Wi-Fi must be flashing.
- Now, take your mobile and search for the “canon printer” app. The instructions will be given there for some agreement purpose. (*Always read carefully all the instruction or agreement) Click the agreement option and proceed.
- Now, after agreeing on the instruction, on the top of the mobile on the right side the option of adding the printer will be given. So, click on the add option of the printer.
- On the screen, the option of ‘register print’ is there so, click on that option. Now, scan for the printer setup. Please wait for scanning because if you go back then you have to start the program again.
- After scanning, there are two options visible on your mobile screen. One is “Connect via a wireless router (recommended) and another one is “Direct connection”. You have to choose “Connect via wireless router”. (*At the bottom “instructions” option is shown, you can take help.)
- Now the screen will be shown and tell you to connect the Wi-Fi of your mobile device to the setup of “canon printer”.
- Now on your iPhone device, you will choose the ‘setting’ icon. With the help of Wi-Fi, connect the Wi-Fi to the network of “canon setup”.
- Now come back to the “canon printer” app and when your screen is showing you to connect Wi-Fi to canon setup then at the bottom an “OK” option is visible. Click on that “OK” button.
- After that choose any name for the wireless network. (For example “home network” or “canon network” or anything if you wish to like.)
- Now click on that option of a wireless network, the password option will appear on the screen. Put your password correctly and press OK. (*sometimes you can put the wrong password so always check twice.)
- The setting of your set-up will be directed to your printer. After that, a message will appear on the screen. Press the OK button.
- Look if your printer is visible or not and then type the name of your printer when it comes on your screen. This will connect your printer through your device and press the option of ‘OK’ on your screen.
- The last step completes your connection of Canon printer to iPhone.
Remember that if your “Canon Printer” has not been connected then revise all the steps. It may be possible that your Plug connection is not working or Wi-Fi light is not visible on your Wi-Fi. So, firstly observe it carefully. It may also be possible that you are putting the wrong password. So, check the password. Thus, carefully follow all the steps and connect your Canon printer to your iPhone.
Mobile technology has optimized in ways, and people now, prefer storing major part of their pictures in their phones as it proves to be so handy. These photos are mostly either saved in their phone memory or in the cloud that can easily be accessed on mobile phones. Not only photos, many other important documents and files are also kept in the cloud for quicker and easier access.The success in technologies has made printing those photographs, documents and files convenient as well. You never know when you might require a hard copy of your documents. To facilitate you with the same, printing has now become handier than ever. Printing has not only become handier, but it has also become much simpler. In some printers, there is no need for extra apps to print which eliminates the greatest restriction. As printing from your mobile phone has become fairly easier, below are the steps on how to print from mobile to canon printer.
Steps to Print From Your Mobile to canon printer without any pre-installed software
Starting up your canon printer is very easy and requires very little effort. It will need an app to begin printing from your mobile phone. This app offers various different features and benefits. You can make different customizations to how you want your print. Installing the app does not create any hassle and is very easy to use. The app that you will have to install is a highly useful app. It gives you great options and features. Once you begin working with the app, you will find various different versatile things.
The steps for the same are:
- You will need to connect your mobile phone to a working internet connection.
- Go to the AppStore or Google play store. Search for the canon printer app.
- Click to download the app and then install it.
- Now open the image, document or whichever file you want to print. This will lead you to the preview of your selected print. Here you will find various customization options to personalize your print.
- In the same section, you have to click on ‘printer’, this option will show you a list of printers that can be used or are near you. Look for the name of your printer and click on it.
- If due to something you do not see the name of your printer, you will have to manually search for your printer and then select it.
- You will see a ‘print’ option, click on it.
- There, you will have your desired print.
The app developed by Canon that aids in printing is packed with features. It helps one to personalize their print as per their needs. One can see the description of the detailed features that are present to use this app more efficiently.
How to print from your mobile to canon printer with the pre-installed software?
Some printers come with pre-installed software made to connect any mobile device to your printer hassle free. If you have your hands on a Canon printer that has pre-installed software, you will not require any additional applications, to begin with your printing. The steps to printing are fairly easier in this type of printer.
Steps to print with AirPrint
- Open the document, image or file that you wish to print on your mobile phone.
- Tap on the ‘share’ option on your mobile phone.
- Select the ‘print’ option.
- There, you will have your print.
- You can also choose from some settings when you see the preview of your print.
Steps to print in Android devices
- If you have an Android mobile, you will have to begin by downloading an application.
- Click on the Google play store and download the Canon printing app.
- Once the application is downloaded and installed, select the document, file or image that you want to print. Click on the ‘print’ option.
- Select your printer from the list. If you don’t see the printer, manually search for your printer and select it.
- A print preview will open. Here, you can make the desired changes in the way you want your print.
- Click on print after you have selected you have made changes.
- There you have your print.
So as you can see, these were the simple steps that are to be followed to print from mobile phone to a canon printer.
Android phone or iPhone, if you have any smartphone and want to take print from a wireless printer, then here is the right article for you to follow.
There a lot of people preferring a wireless connection when they have to take any printout, that’s maybe because of the millions of virus that enter the phone via the wired connection which inflicts to corrupt all the data in the storage. It is best that you know the tricks to use a wireless printer instead of the long way process.
First, let’s check out the steps for Android users. These devices are the most popularly used user-friendly ones with some great features. Its ability is not limited to stop you from going wireless, it is just your unawareness. So now know how to print from an Andriod phone or tablet devices.
- Method: Google Cloud Print
It doesn’t have to be a Wi-Fi enabled printer for going wireless, even then Android can go wirelessly to print. Howdy? The famous Mr. Google has given a solution for this. Google has got a way to link printer with the Chrome account that can help the phone to move and print easily. The setup of this process is a bit confusing but follow these steps to make it easier.
Google Cloud Print enables to register a printer that could be accessed through the internet. From cloud computing, operating it from anywhere is possible if there is a good connection. Then using this connection take the print as you like. There is a catch that of the technology, all printers do not support cloud computing hence always check Google’s list of printers that work with Cloud computing.
- Add-on Google Cloud Print to your phone software and link your Google account.
- With chrome, it is simple. Google Cloud Print section can be found in the advanced settings of the Chrome browser.
- Then go to manage and add your Printers from all the available printers nearby and then go printing.
- In Android, select your document to print and click on the three dots followed by the ‘print’ option.
- Now select your printer and that’s all.
- Gmail messages and Web pages printing
- Web pages and Gmail messages can also be printed through Google Cloud Print.
- Open Google Chrome then go to Gmail.
- Find the mail to take its print.
- Click on the Menu button with three dots which will have a similar drop down as for the Androids.
- Then select Print and choose the printer to print it out.
The process of Google Cloud Print can be used like that of the Android and is largely the same as the iPhone also, so there wouldn’t be any great difficulties in figuring it out.
Method: AirPrint-supported printer
There are also other methods for the iPhone user-the AirPrint-supported printer that is easier and is largely has many supporting printers.
For printing through AirPrint-supported printer, like for the Google Cloud Print, check printer’s eligibility to make sure that the printer will be allowed to print wirelessly from the iPhone you have.
Make sure that printer and the iPhone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- There may be some need to set up through canon ij setup in the printer to go wireless. Since this process varies in different printer models, consult the printer’s manual to find this setting printer.
- Most apps from Apple fit this category that supports AirPrint including Safari, Mail and iPhoto.
- In this process, one can print documents, emails, and pictures from the phone.
- Then open the item to print. If its photo or note then tap the item and then go to the “Share” button. Then go to Print, which can be found in the bottom row of “Share” options.
- Find your Printer and print it out
There are many printers that are capable of printing through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or another quick method but not everyone has a printer that supports these easy methods, so make it easy for yourself through the above methods and keep your mobiles safe from all the Trojans and virus. Costly iPhone users or popular Android users find the right choice and enjoy printing.