A Step By Step Guide to Setup Canon Pixma MX922 Printer
Canon Pixma MX922 Printer can be used for both wireless or wired connections simultaneously. It includes all the features one could ever imagine of. It is a type of an inkjet all-in-one printer, with the features such as automatic duplexing and an ADF.
What are the features it offers?
The features offered by this all in one printer are as follow:
- Capability to print on both sides of a page
- It features automatic duplexing
- It offers the automatic document feeder quality
- It also supports AirPrint
- It generates black-and-white documents at a speed of 15 pages per minute and color documents at 10 pages per minute.
- It is one of the great options for medium-sized businesses
- It can be connected wirelessly from a host of devices.
If you have bought new canon pixma mx922 printer and don’t know how to set up it, then this article is for you. Today, we are going to discuss the steps to setup canon pixma mx922 using the best simple easy process. Before getting started, let’s have a look over to the overview of today’s article:
- How to Setup Canon Pixma MX922 Printer?
- Selecting the Process of Canon Pixma MX922 Setup
- Canon Pixma MX922 Setup Printer Using WPS Method
- Setup Canon Pixma MX922 Printer by Using Advanced Setup
- Important Points to Remember Prior to the Printer Setup
Let us discuss the points in detail:
How to Setup Canon Pixma MX922 Printer Manually?
Follow the following process for Canon Pixma MX922 Setup:
- First of all, you need to press the menu button which is placed on your printer,
- Next, using the navigations buttons, that is down, up, side buttons, to select the setup icon of WLAN (wireless local area network)
- Hit Ok
- Next, you will get to see the light up blue colored Wi- Fi lamp when the Wi- Fi connection will be established.
Selecting the Process of Canon Pixma MX922 Setup:
The mx922 printer will take the lead and thus will start searching for those access points which really supports WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
Well, there are two methods to process the setup procedure which we have discussed below. But in case if you are doubtful enough about the supporting method of router/ access point, then we suggest you to go for the standard setup screen method.
There are basically three setup procedures involved with the Push Button Method:
Standard Setup Method: for the network, password is entered to connect the access points.
WPS Connection Method: Connect to an access point which is compatible with WPS
Other setup: Connect with the network to enter the settings of the access point on your printer directly.
Canon Pixma MX922 Setup Printer Using Standard Method
Follow the following procedure to setup standard connection:
- First of all, you have to select the standard setup option and then hit OK button there.
- Next, select the access point and again hit Ok
- As soon as you will do it, you will get to see 8-64 characters which will show up on the screen of your Printer
- Again hit OK for canon pixma mx922 printer setup
- Then, Hit the left function button
- Make sure that the network password that you have entered at canon ij setup is correct
- Hit the left function button and then you will get to see the left screen in front of you
- If the right screen is displayed in front of you, you need to click the copy button. This is how you setup canon pixma mx922 printer.
Canon Pixma MX922 Setup Printer Using WPS Method
Follow the following step by step process to Setup Canon Pixma MX922 Printer Using WPS Method:
- At first, you need to click on WPS and then hit OK button
- You have to go for push button method (as explained above). Hit Ok button and then keep holding up the WPS button which is placed on the access point.
- Within duration of 2 minutes, hit the OK button on your printer.
- Hit the copy button when the screen on the right appears.
Setup Canon Pixma MX922 Printer by Using Advanced Setup Method
Follow the following step by step process to Setup Canon Pixma MX922 Printer Using advanced setup Method:
- First of all, select the option of other setup and thus hit the OK button
- Next, choose the advanced setup to setup canon pixma mx922 printer. Thus, hit the ok button
- After that you need to select the access point. Again hit the ok button
- Next you need to click on the security protocol that the access point basically uses and thus hit ok.
- Click on the ok button if the left screen appears. In case the right screen display is shown up, you have to click the copy button.
Important Points to Remember Prior to Canon Pixma MX922 Printer Setup
Below are some of the points to remember prior to the canon pixma mx922 setup. Note it down away!
- Make sure that your device supports IEEE802 11B, IEEE802 11n, IEEE802 11g
- if you are using an Adhoc connection, make sure to prepare an access point
- Following things differs based on the system requirements:
- The security settings
- setup procedures
- router functions
- the configuration of the network device
- Remember there are a lot of risks associated with connecting to a network, which is not protected. Hence, you need to be very- very careful as it is a disclosure of personal information to third party.