Canon Inc., multinational Japanese company manufactures a range of products comprising the camera, camcorders, steppers, computer printers and medical equipment headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The company was founded on 10 August 1937 with the joint efforts of Takeshi Mitarai, Goro Yoshida, Takeo Maeda, and Saburo Uchida. In today’s world of technology, users are spoilt for choice and if you go to buy a printer you would be left with a huge number of choices to choose from. Canon printers stand out of the crowd owing to the various reasons as the modern range of its printers are Cloud ready due to which the multiple users can access through the same printing machine saving you from purchasing multiple sets especially in an office environment, Security is the second best reason to opt for this brand. It offers safe login features as password login, proxy card swiping and the fingerprint recognition thus preventing the cases of theft or hack. Other reasons to opt Canon over others are the innovative technology involving the customizable interface, excellent scanning quality and high printing speed providing satisfactory results to its users. Canon printing brand also takes pride in being renowned as the environment-friendly product as it takes safe reusable plastic for printing operation thus ensuring less wasteful production.
In an era of smartphones, Canon has come up with smart printer needing no trouble of wires and lets you print from virtually anywhere from any device, be it your smartphone, iPad or Mac. It can be easily operated and connected through an internet connection, these smart printer ranges are the” Canon Pixma” other name for the multifunctional printers. These come in varied range suiting the user’s needs such as Pixma range of home and photo printers, home office printers, Ink efficient printers for a high volume printing producing 6,000 pages in monochrome and 7,000 pages in color and the fourth range being the Pixma professional photo printers. Canon Pixma range is known to produce a print at a much faster rate.
In the present article we will deal with the in-depth process to Reset Canon Printer and Canon wired as well as wireless versions, the “Pixma” range talked in the above paragraph.
Resetting of Canon Wired Printers
We have divided this section into three parts to help our readers with the power reset, Reset canon printer, ink level reset and the hard reset for the wired Canon printers.
Power Reset Canon Printer:
Many times, all your printer requires to come back to its normal functioning is a power reset. Read the steps below to perform a simple reset Canon Printer and carry on with your printing operations.
- Switch off the printing device and remove from the plug socket and also remove the Ethernet cord to disconnect its connection completely.
- Plug the device back in the power socket after waiting for a minute. Also, connect the Ethernet cable back in connection.
- Run a test print to check whether the issue has been resolved.
Ink Reset Canon Printer: Canon inkjet printer has the inbuilt special chip that alarms the user about the need to refill the ink cartridge at times when it is low or out of ink. Replacing the ink cartridge or using a refilled cartridge ends up disrupting the normal printing operations. An ink chip resetter becomes essential for such a situation. Read the below mentioned easy to perform steps to bring your printer back to its normal functioning.
- Remove the ink cartridge from your printing device and insert into the main channel of the resetter.
- Make sure that the chip on the ink cartridge makes good contact with the contact plate on the resetter.
- Now softly hold the cartridge down for a few seconds. The LED light on the chip resetter will start flashing, continue holding it until the light becomes steady.
- Remove the cartridge from the chip resetter and repeat this process for any other ink cartridge which requires a reset.
- Now as the last step install the cartridges in your printer.
Hard Reset Canon Printer: If you are being troubled by a continuous printing error. A hard reset canon printer brings the device back to the default factory settings. Learn the basic steps to perform a hard reset.
- Hold the “Stop” button until the alarm begins.
- Release the “Start” button only after the alarm flashes for good 19 times. This step will restore the device to the factory settings.
- As a last step uninstall your device from the computer network and reinstall it afresh to experience the functioning of a newly installed printer.
Reset of Canon Pixma Printers
In this section we have penned the two resting methods of Canon Pixma range i.e through “Factory settings” and the other being the “resetting of the Canon Pixma ink cartridge”.
Resetting Canon Pixma Printer to factory settings: One of the easiest way to reset Canon Printer device in the times of error messages. Read on and follow the simple steps to do the same.
- Turn on the printing device and locate the arrows to search through the menu.
- Locate the Device settings and press OK.
- Now click on the “Resetting” option and press OK to start with the resetting process.
- Resetting Pixma ink cartridge: Replacing the ink cartridge or using a refilled cartridge ends up disrupting the normal printing operations. Follow the below easy to perform steps to successfully reset canon printer or the ink cartridge.
- Turn off the printing device.
- In the next step keep holding the “Stop” button and press the power button of the device.
- Now release the “Stop “ button.
- Press the “Stop” button two more times while holding the “Power” button.
- 30 seconds after performing the above steps the printer screen will display “O” on its screen.
- Now press the “Stop” button four more times before pressing the “Power “ button two more times.
- In order to complete the reset process press the “Power “ button once to turn off the device.
- Unplug the printer’s power and USB cables to reset canon printer or the ink cartridges.
- While pressing the “Power” button open the ink cartridge door and reconnect the power cables with the power button still functional.
- Now to finish the entire procedure, close the cartridge door and release the power button.
Hope the writeup helps you to reset Canon printer. For any additional canon ij setup assistance on the same contact the Canon customer service number provided on their official website or else write the issue being faced on their email id.