How To Reset Canon Printer Settings ?
Canon users often face a situation where they need to reset printer but don’t know how to do so. Hence in this article we have discussed the in-depth process to Reset Canon Printer.
Resetting the printer helps in bringing back the printer to normal function and resolves many issues such as slow printing, printer not responding, printer offline etc. So without wasting any time let’s move on to our next section to know more about the process of resetting Canon printer.
Resetting of Canon Wired Printers
We have divided this article into four parts to simplify the Canon printer reset process-
- Reset wired printer
- Power reset of printer
- Ink reset of printer
- Hard Reset of printer
Power Reset Canon Printer:
In many cases all you need to do to bring your printer back to its normal functioning is a power reset. Read the steps below to perform a simple reset of Canon Printer-
- Firstly switch off the printer and remove it from the plug socket and also remove the ethernet cord from the printer to disconnect it completely.
- Plug the device back in the power socket after waiting for a minute. Also, connect the Ethernet cable back in connection.
- Run a test print to check if the issue has been resolved.
Ink Reset Canon Printer
Canon inkjet printer has the inbuilt special chip that alarms the user about the need to refill the ink cartridge at times when it is low or out of ink. Replacing the ink cartridge or using a refilled cartridge ends up disrupting the normal printing operations. An ink chip resetter becomes essential for such a situation. Read the below mentioned easy to perform steps to bring your printer back to its normal functioning.
- Remove the ink cartridge from your printing device and insert into the main channel of the resetter.
- Make sure that the chip on the ink cartridge makes good contact with the contact plate on the resetter.
- Now softly hold the cartridge down for a few seconds. The LED light on the chip resetter will start flashing, continue holding it until the light becomes steady.
- Remove the cartridge from the chip resetter and repeat this process for any other ink cartridge which requires a reset.
- Now as the last step install the cartridges in your printer.
Hard Reset Canon Printer:
A hard reset canon printer brings the device back to the default factory settings. Learn the basic steps to perform a hard reset.
- Hold the “Stop” button until the alarm begins.
- Release the “Start” button only after the alarm flashes for good 19 times. This step will restore the device to the factory settings.
- As a last step uninstall your device from the computer network and reinstall it afresh to experience the functioning of a newly installed printer.
Resetting of Canon Pixma Printers
In this section we have penned the two resting methods of Canon Pixma range i.e through “Factory settings” and the other being the “resetting of the Canon Pixma ink cartridge”.
Resetting Canon Pixma Printer to factory settings:
Read on and follow these steps to reset your printer-
- Turn on the printing device and locate the arrows to search through the menu.
- Locate the ‘Device Settings’ and press OK.
- Now select “Resetting” option and press OK to start with the resetting process.
- Turn off the printing device.
- In the next step keep holding the “Stop” button and press the power button of the device.
- Now release the “Stop “ button.
- Press the “Stop” button two more times while holding the “Power” button.
- 30 seconds after performing the above steps the printer screen will display “O” on its screen.
- Now press the “Stop” button four more times before pressing the “Power “ button two more times.
- In order to complete the reset process press the “Power “ button once to turn off the device
Resetting Pixma ink cartridge:
Replacing the ink cartridge or using a refilled cartridge ends up disrupting the normal printing operations. Follow the below easy to perform steps to successfully reset canon printer or the ink cartridge-
- Unplug the printer’s power and USB cables to reset canon printer or the ink cartridges.
- While pressing the “Power” button open the ink cartridge door and reconnect the power cables with the power button still functional.
- Now to finish the entire procedure, close the cartridge door and release the power button.
By following the above mentioned instructions you will be able to reset your printer and will be able to fix your printer problems related to it. For any additional canon ij setup assistance on the same contact the Canon customer service from their official website.