Canon IJ Setup and Installation
Helpline Number : +1 855 888 8325
How to Connect Canon Printer to WiFi
Methods to connect Canon printers to Wifi and Other devices
The Canon printers come in both wired and wireless formats. However, first time users find it extremely difficult to connect the printer to their devices. Therefore in this article we have come up with various methods that will help you to connect your brand new Canon printer to your wifi and other required device.
How to connect Canon Printer to Wi-Fi?
This section deals with those Canon printers which work in the wireless mode. The connection between a wireless Canon printer and a commanding device is established through a shared connection or Wi-Fi. For this article, we will take the example of the Canon Pixma wireless printer.
There are two ways to connect Canon printer to Wi-Fi (Canon Pixma printer)
- The first technique involves the usage of the WPS button to directly connect the Canon Pixma printer to your Wi-Fi network. The user does not need the Wi-Fi password to join in this mode. So essentially, it is a faster method.
- But if the Wi-Fi router does not have a WPS button, then we will have to proceed with the conventional mode of Wi-Fi setup for the Pixma printer.
Before proceeding with this method, make sure that your Wi-Fi router has a physical WPS button, which we will be using shortly. Also, the router must use WPA or WPA2 security protocol.
- Firstly, press the power button of the printer to make it ‘ON’. Also turn on your Wifi router through WPS Button.
- After that go to the ‘Home’ from your touch screen and then press and hold ‘Wifi’ button.
- Next, select ‘LAN Wireless Setup’ option and press ‘OK’. Now your printer will search the access point of your wireless network.
- Select your Wifi Network (named Canon in your router setting).
- After that, click on the Wifi access point where it will ask for passphrase or WPA Key. Here, you have to enter your wifi password and then press ‘OK’ button.
- The process will take few second to establish connection of Canon printer with your wifi Network Access point.
- The Printer and the router will automatically make a connection at this point. When the connection takes place, the power and the Wi-Fi light will stop flashing. Instead, they will continuously remain lit after the connection.
Now, the standard method that we will be using to connect the Pixma printer to the wireless network can be considered in many ways. If you are looking for ways to connect Canon printer to a PC or Laptop and With MAC Device then, the following section will help you.
Before we start with the setup of the Wireless Canon printer to PC or laptop, make sure that the Wi-Fi router is on and working.
- Before you try to make the connection, ensure your printer is turned ‘ON’.
- Then Connect Canon printer to Wireless Network Settings( as already discussed in above steps).
- After establishing the wireless connection, open www.canon.com/ijsetup website to download printer driver on your PC. Make sure you download the driver for correct printer model number.
- Once downloading finishes, double click on the driver software and follow the further instruction to setup on your PC.
- After that, go to the ‘Control panel’ from ‘Windows Search’ option.
- Now select “Device and Printer” option
- Click on the “Add Printer” button from top right corner
- Now from the shown list of printer, select your Canon printer. Thereafter, click on ‘next’ and wait few second to finish the wireless connection on your PC.
- Finally, your Canon printer wireless connection with your PC has been completed.
If you want to connect your Canon printer to your PC or laptop using a USB connection, make sure that the printer and PC are connected well through the USB Cable. Thereafter, download and install the drivers as mentioned in above steps.
Follow these steps to connect Canon wireless printer to MAC Device.
- Firstly, turn on your Mac device and Canon Printer
- Then connect Canon printer to Wireless network by following the steps discussed in the first section of this writeup.
- Go to the Canon’s website to download printer driver from www.canon.com/ijsetup
- Install the downloaded printer driver to complete the installation setup.
- Thereafter, open the “Apple Menu” and click on the “System and Preference”
- From the system and Preference window, select “Printer and Scanner” option.
- Now, click on “+” sign to add on the printer.
- Now from the pop up window, select your Canon printer and click on “add”.
- Once your printer is added, you can see the printer’s name on the left side of your screen.
- Finally, your Canon wireless printer is successfully connected to MAC
More posts: connect canon pixma printer to wifi Connect canon printer to laptop connect canon printer to mac Connect canon printer to pc connect canon printer to wifi connect canon wireless printer to mac how do i connect my canon printer to my wifi how do i connect my canon wireless printer to my pc