Canon IJ Setup and Installation
Helpline Number : +1-877-200-8067
Detailed Steps and Solutions For 'Canon Printer Offline' Error
In this document we will discuss Offline Problems associated with Canon Printer along with its complete solution. This is a common error which can be resolved very easily by following the solutions given below in this writeup.
How To Fix When Canon Printer Goes Offline Windows 10 ?
If your Canon printer goes offline, an error message will appear saying that the ‘print job is not complete’. Follow the steps mention below to fix offline problems in canon printer.
Restart the Canon Printer Spooler
- Firstly, open start menu and select services option.
- Thereafter right click on the ‘print spooler’ option from the pop up menu and click on ‘restart’ option as shown in the image below.
- Now again right click on print spooler and select properties from pop up menu. Thereafter choose ‘general’ tab and then from ‘startup type’ select the option of ‘automatic’ and apply changes (refer to below image). Restart your computer and check if you can print or not.
Disable the ‘Offline Use Printer’ Option From Settings
- Click on search box on the start menu and open control panel from there.
- Hit on the ‘Hardware and Sound’ option and then click on ‘Devices and Printers’ option as shown below in the image.
- Right click on the shown Canon printer option and select ‘see what’s printing’ from pop up menu.
- Click on the printer option located at the top left. Now if you see ‘Use printer offline’ with a check mark (√) mark, then unchecked this option by clicking on it.
- Thereafter again click on the ‘printer’ option and select ‘cancel all documents’ from there.
- Now your ‘Canon Printer Says offline on windows 10’ error will be fixed.
Update or Re-install Canon Printer Driver
‘Canon printer keeps going offline windows 10’ error may occur due to outdated printer driver. Therefore you must update or re-install by following the below steps-
- Firstly press the ‘Windows key’ (the key with four flags) + ‘R key simultaneously. Now a run box will open where you need to type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and click OK.
- Search Canon printer driver from the navigation print queues menu and right click on it. Thereafter you will see option to ‘update driver’ and ‘uninstall device’.
- Click on the ‘update driver’ option and Windows will prompt you with the question, “How do you want to search for drivers?”. Select ‘browse my computer’ for driver software, and follow the onscreen instruction to completing the process of updating your printer driver.
- If still your printer doesn’t work then uninstall the driver. Thereafter go to Canon’s website and download your printers latest driver and reinstall it.
These troubleshooting steps will provide you Canon printer offline fix for windows 10.
What To Do When Canon Printer Goes offline on MAC?
‘Canon Printer Saying Offline on MAC’ error can be fixed by the following steps-
- Firstly, ensure that the cable connections between the Canon printer and Mac is not loose. After that turn ON the printer.
- Now make sure that the printer’s tray for the paper is properly inserted to avoid any paper jam error and at the same time check if sufficient paper is there in the tray.
- Thereafter click on ‘Apple’ menu and click on “System Preferences” and select ‘Printers and Scanners’ option.
- Now, right click on your printer from the printer list and set it as default.
- Now restart your Mac and print a test page to check if your printer is working or not.
After following the above steps if still your Canon printer is showing offline on MAC, then it’s time to reset the printer. Follow the below steps-
- First, click on Apple menu and then choose ‘System Preferences’ from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click on ‘Printer & Scanner’
- Next right click on your Canon printer from your printers list.
- After doing this, a menu will pop-up from where you have to click on “Reset Printing System”
- Now, tap on “+” button and then add your Canon printer to Mac
- After few moment Mac OS X will automatically download and install the latest software of your Canon printer.
We hope that by using the above steps your ‘Canon printer says offline on MAC’ error is resolved.
Summary Of Strategies to Fix 'Canon Printer Offline' Error:
- Ensure that the canon printer driver is installed properly.
- Ensure that your computer and Canon printer are both connected to the internet.
- Reset you’r Canon printer incase if it does not work properly.
- Cancel the faulty print jobs for the Canon printer to work effectively.
- Rectify if there are any paper jams in the printer.
- The ink levels can be changed by changing the cartridge but always remember to recalibrate the Canon printer as this is important.
- Restart the Canon printer spooler service.
- Disable the function ‘use printer offline’.
- Reinstall the canon printer firmware and software if none of the mentioned steps work.
- Please ensure your driver is updated as this may not allow the canon printer to print due to lack of updating.
In this writeup we have mentioned all the solutions for your Canon printer going offline problems. The accurate implementation of the above troubleshooting steps will bring your printer back online. However if you still face any issue, contact us on the helpline number provided on the screen.