The Reasons For Canon Printer Carriage Jam Issue Along With It's Fix
In this writeup we will discuss all the issues leading to Canon printer carriage jam. Thereafter we will also provide you the troubleshooting steps to fix this error.
One of the most common reasons leading to carriage jam is the printer paper jam which might happen after printing on a thicker paper like an envelope. At the time of the carriage issue, the user may hear a grinding noise as the printer attempts to move the carriage. In such a situation the problem is with the actuator arm that is stuck and prevents the carriage from moving.
Please note: A very thin strip of black plastic which is approximately 1 ¾ inches in length and ⅓ inches wide is known as the actuator arm talked in the above section.
Note down the easy to perform troubleshooting steps in the printer carriage jam issue.
- As the first step, unplug the power cord of the printer and open the cover to reveal the carriage assembly.
- Now remove the tray by squeezing the two levers beneath the paper tray.
- Carefully slide the carriage assembly from the left side of the printer to the middle where you get its easy access.
- Now push down the large black bar present just above the rollers in the tray compartment which should be lying flat parallel to the base of the printer. In case the large black bar is pointing upward, push it downwards and proceed to the next step.
- In this step, now slide the carriage assembly over to the right once all the above parts are in their right place.
- Lift the actuator arm which is present just over the white or gray gear assembly on the left side of the printer. Lifting the arm actuator and releasing it should restore it to its proper position.
- Now put the Canon printer’s paper tray back into the printer and with the cover of the printer still open, plug in the power cord and turn on the power of your printer.
- Now as the last finishing step of the process, press and hold “Resume” and finally close the cover of your printer.
An important tip while performing the above procedure: Carefully lift the actuator arm up and slightly to the right in order to restore it back to its proper position.
Please note: After performing the above steps if the canon printer carriage jam issue is not rectified, it’s time for you to get you printer serviced.
We hope that this writeup comes to your best use while troubleshooting your Canon printer carriage jam issue. However, for more professional assistance contact the Canon printer helpline from their official website. Keep yourself technologically updated and keep reading this space for more such tech related articles.