Canon IJ Setup and Installation
Helpline Number : +1 855 888 8325
Canon Pixma Pro-100 Setup Printer Connection Guide
If you have just landed on using the canon Pixma Pro- 100 and wondering which setup procedure to follow, then you’re on the right place.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) is by far one of the easiest methods for the setup but as we said, we will look on other ways also to achieve it.
So, what are we waiting for? Let’s get started:
- WPS Connection Method
- Network settings confirmation
- Standard USB Connection Method
Let us discuss the points in detail:
Canon Pixma Pro-100 Setup Printer Through WPS Connection Method
Canon pixma pro-100 wireless setup Process
Before we begin the method to Setup Canon Pixma pro-100, below are some of the conditions that one must need to meet in order to implement the WPS connection push button method without any hassle:
- Make sure that the access point must contain a physical WPS push button there. If you are in confusion that what I am talking about, you can look over the user manual guide of the device for more details.
- In case the WPS button is not available, then redirect to the standard connection method (described on the next section of the article)
- WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) or WPA2 security protocol must be taken into use by your network. Why so? It’s because a number of WPS enabled access points uses this WPA2 protocol.
- Step by step process to Setup Canon Pixma Pro-100 using WPS connection method for Canon ij setup is as follow:
Step 1 involves:
- Ensure that the printer is ON
- Next, go to the front of the printer, press and hold the [Wi-Fi] for a few seconds.
Step 2 involves:
- Ensure that the button flashes blue and thus reach up your access point. Next, as soon as it does, within 2 minutes, press the [WPS] button.
- You can also refer to the access point manual for them, to the point details about pressing the WPS button
- While searching or connecting to the access point, the WIFI lamp (blue in color) will continue flashing. As soon as your printer will made a connection to your wireless network successfully, the blue lamp that was flashing before will no longer flashes and thus will remain lit afterwards.
Network settings confirmation For Canon Pixma Pro-100 Setup
You can print out the network settings of your printer if you want. It confirms that the printer is successfully connected to your wireless network
- First Make Sure your Printer is Turn ON.
- Take a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper and load it.
- You will get to see a [Resume/Cancel ] Press and keep holding it until the power lamp flashes 6 times. After that, release it. You will get your network page printed.
- Check the connection indicating active while referring to the printout. Also, check twice that the Service Set Identifier is showing the actual name of your wireless network.
This was all about the connection setup using WPS procedure.
Do not forget to install the software to enjoy all the benefits from your PIXMA PRO-100. You can also download the manuals or the software from the PIXMA range page, in case you don’t have the installation CD. (It comes along with the product).
You can contact canon from their contact us menu and ask for assistance if the wireless setup is failing even after following the guide.
Canon Pixma Pro-100 Setup Through Standard USB Connection Method:
Step by step process to Setup Canon Pixma pro-100 using Standard USB Connection Method is as follow:
Step 1 includes:
- Insert the CD that you must have got with the printer and thus run the setup
Window users: if the CD- ROM does not run automatically, those is of its own then insert the CD again into the computer and go to MY COMPUTER. After that, select the CD- ROM option from there and double click on [MSETUP4.EXE]
Window 8 users: You have to double click on [Canon_IJ]. Again double-click the [MSETUP4.EXE] when the selection window opens up.
Mac Users: go to your desktop and Double-click the [Canon_IJ] icon. Then click [SETUP] after opening up the selection window. It will start the software download link
- Next, hit [next] once the initial screen appears
You can also download the manuals or the software from the PIXMA range page, in case you don’t have the installation CD. (It comes along with the product).
Hit Wireless Connection (as shown in figure below) as a method to connect the printer.
- Make sure your printer and power lamp is on, after that click next
Step 2 includes:
- Click on the [Connect to the network] option
- Then hit on [Wireless Setup Using the USB Cable] once the following screen appears
- Next, you have to select the region and hit Next once the following screen appears
- Then, once the following screen appears, you have to select the language and thus hit Next
- Again, once the following screen appears, you have to choose the software you want to install, and then click on [Next]. It’s okay if you don’t recognize that package you would like to put in at this level. You can uninstall it anytime, totally depends on your choice.
- Then once the following screen appears you have to hit yes. It means you comply with the top user license agreement.
- once the following screen appears, again you have to hit Next
Step 3 includes:
- Using the supplied USB cable, connect your printer to your computer.
- Then, a screen will appear after the detection of your printer. Then, you’ll get to ascertain the name of the access purpose that your computer is connected to. Hit yes if this is often the wireless network you wish your printer to attach to.
- Once the subsequent screen seems, simply disconnect your printer from your laptop. Then, click Next option
- Next, after matching the printer model number and SSID, move to next step
- Hit option Complete
- Finally, Click OK
So, these were some of the methods to Setup Canon Pixma pro-100 or setup your canon pixma mx922 printer connection . Hope you loved reading today’s article. Let us know in the comment section below!