How to Setup Canon Wireless Printer on Windows and MAC
Canon Pixma wireless setup is a very easy process where its main advantage is that it can be setup to WiFi network easily.
So let’s start with the process of ‘how to setup Canon Pixma wireless connection with wifi router’.
Canon Pixma Wireless Printer Setup Guide
In order to setup printer with wireless connection, you need to put your computer and printer on the same WiFi network. To do this, make sure your router has a WPS push button.
Now follow these steps to setup Canon Pixma wireless connection with WiFi network:
- Turn on your Canon Pixma printer and Wifi router
- Then, press and hold the printer WiFi button (located on printer screen) until flash light is ON.
- Then, press the WPS button located on your WiFi router.
- Now, printer will search for the WiFi router network and a blue light will blink.
- Once the connection the connection with the network is established, it will ask for network password SSID (WiFi password). Enter your pass key and press ‘OK’.
- Now the connection of printer on your WiFi network will be established and power light of printer and WiFi lamp will stop blinking.
So this was the process to connect Canon Pixma wireless printer setup on your WiFi network. Now let’s move to next section to know about wireless setup on Windows and Mac operating system.
Connect Canon Pixma Wireless Printer On Windows OS
After the successful connection of wireless setup of Canon Pixma printer, we are now going to describe ‘how to connect Canon Pixma wireless on Windows System’. Follow the instruction as below:
- First, ensure printer router and and Windows computer is turned ON.
- Then, connect Canon Pixma Printer with the Wifi settings (steps explained in first section of this writeup).
- Ensure that the printer and Windows PC should be connected over the Same network.
- Then, download Canon Pixma printer driver from the website Canon.com/ijsetup. From the website, search for your printer’s correct model driver.
- Now, click on the download option and choose your OS compatibility
- Once the driver download finishes, complete the installation process by following the on screen instruction given on setup window.
- Now, click on the ‘Window Search’ and type ‘Run’ to open ‘Run Dialog box’. Once it opens, type “Control Panel” and then Hit on “OK” option
- Now on the next windows press on on the “Device and Printer” option.
- Press on the “Add Printer” option which appears on the top right corner section.
- Select your Canon Pixma printer model from the appearing list of printers and hit ‘next’. Now wait for few second for your Canon Pixma wireless connection to be established on you Windows system.
- At last your printer will be listed on the device and printer section.
You can follow the same process to make connection for Canon Pixma wireless setup on Windows 10 operating system.
Steps to Connect Canon Pixma Wireless Setup on MAC
Check these following steps to connect Canon Pixma wireless printer on MAC device-
- First, make sure that your Canon Pixma printer and your Mac device is turn on.
- Now, connect Canon Pixma printer to wireless network (check the steps above for WiFi settings with router).
- Thereafter, download and install printer driver on Mac from Canon’s website.
- After this click on Apple Menu>System and Preference.
- Press “Printer and Scanner” from the next window.
- Select the + sign to add your printer. Now from the available list, select your Canon printer and press “Add” option.
- Lastly, take a print test to confirm if your wireless printer has been successfully connected on Mac.
Here, in this article we have explained the steps on how to setup Canon Pixma wireless printer on Windows and Mac operating system. If you face any further in setup difficulties, feel free to contact us.
More posts: canon pixma wireless setup canon pixma wireless setup assistant windows canon pixma wireless setup mac canon wireless printer setup windows 10 Setup canon pixma printer setup canon pixma wireless printer setup canon printer wireless mac