Canon is a leading company in the making of scanners, printers etc. The Canon Pixma is very handy and user-friendly, that’s true. But no printer can work without being canon pixma printer install on the computer. And installing a printer can be either a headache or a cakewalk. Let’s see how a Canon Pixma printer install or setup can be done.
Firstly if you have lost the CD, you can download the drivers for your printer online. At the first, you must connect the printer to the computer, First connect the printer to the computer with a USB cable, parallel port cable, or SCSI cable and then after that connect the power with a socket.
Canon Pixma Printer Setup & Installation
- First, connect everything and then turn the printer on
- Then insert the CD that came along the printer for setup In the case of the CD not starting open my computer and then open the CD drive. Then click on the setup or install file only in the case if a CD is running. If a CD is not running then run the previously downloaded drivers.
- Then if the canon pixma printer installation wizard is followed and the canon printer installation will be completed then you have to setup through canon ij setup here.
- Make sure that the printer is running.
How to Install Canon Pixma Printer Without Canon CD ?
- If the computer does not have a CD drive or the CD is lost in that case canon Pixma printer setup can be done with the downloaded drivers including canon pixma setups without CD. Once the drivers are downloaded they you can run the drivers and the canon Pixma printer setup will be complete.
- When the printer is connected and the power is on, you have to go to the start menu and open the Control Panel.
- Then in the Control Panel select the Printers or Printers and Fax icon.
- In the window named Printers, click the Add a printer button.
- When the above steps are completed, you will see the Windows Printer Wizard. Click on the Next button to initiate the wizard and start the canon pixma printer installation process.
- Next, you will have the choice to install either a Local or a Network printer. If the printer is connected to the computer, choose Local printer which is attached to this computer and then click on the icon “Next”.
- When asked for the location of the drivers, browse and direct the machine to the address of your drivers or point it to the printer CD.
How to Connect Canon Pixma Printer to Mac Using USB Cable?
In the case of most of the USB printers, all one has to do is to update the software and connect the Canon pixma printer setup MAC with the printer. If it’s needed, Mac Operating System can automatically detect the connected printer and can download any software which is necessary to run. In the case of other printers, one may have to do some extra steps to connect and install the printer.
If You Need To Update The Software
Choose the menu of Apple and App Store, click on the Updates and then install any software that is updates listed. Even if there are no updates on display, that ensures that macOS has the updated information about the software of the printer it can download from the Apple store. If you fail to do this, you may get a notification that the software isn’t available when your printer is connected.
Preparing Your Printer
Follow the instructions which came along your printer to unpack and then install ink or toner and in the last add paper. Turn on the printer to make sure that it’s not displaying any faults.
Connecting Your Printer
Connect the USB to your canon pixma printer in Mac computer. If you get displayed a message asking you to download any new software make sure that you download that software immediately and install that.
How to Connect Canon Pixma Printer and MAC via Bluetooth?
If your Mac came with the Bluetooth already installed in canon pixma printer, or if you are using an adapter for or as a USB Bluetooth, it will be possible for you to print wirelessly to a printer which is Bluetooth enabled.
Updating Your Canon Prixma Printer Software
a.) Choose the Apple menu
b.) Then go to the App Store
c.) Click on Updates
Then install any listed software updates. Even if there are no updates on display, that ensures that macOS has the updated information about the software of the printer it can download from the Apple store. If you fail to do this, you may get a notification that the software isn’t available when your printer is connected. If you own an AirPrint printer, there is no need for you to check for software updates.
Connecting Your Pixma Printer
Follow the instruction to connect your printer and make sure it is working properly. Pair your Bluetooth printer with your Mac