Canon IJ Setup and Installation
Helpline Number : +1-877-200-8067
Canon IJ Setup and Installation
Helpline Number : +1 855 888 8325
How to Setup Canon Pixma iX6820 Printer to Wifi
In this article we have explained the procedure for wireless setup of Canon Pixma iX6820 printer on Windows and Mac devices. Furthermore, we have explained the steps to connect Canon printer to smart phone.
Procedural Steps to Setup Canon Pixma iX6820 Printer To WiFi
In order for a wireless printer setup, it is vital to install printer on the same WiFi network as computer. Hence, let us quickly look at the prerequisites for setup Canon Pixma iX6820 printer to WiFi:
- The printer’s access point must have a physical WPS push button.
- The user’s network must be using the WiFi protected access or WPA2 security protocol.
Procedural steps to setup Canon Pixma iX6820 printer to Wireless Network
- First of all, ensure that your printer is turned on.
- Next, press and hold the WiFi button present on the front of the printer. Hold the WiFi button until the white power lamp flashes once and then release it.
- Once the button flashes blue, go to the access point and press the WPS button within the span of 2 minutes. Once the printer makes a successful connection to the your wireless network, the blue lamp will stops flashing and will remain lit.
Procedural Steps to Setup Canon Pixma iX6820 Wireless Printer On Windows
This section talks about the procedural steps to setup Canon Pixma iX6820 wireless printer on Windows computer. Just follow these steps-
- Firstly, turn on the Canon Pixma iX6820 Printer and make sure that your Windows PC is also turned on.
- Now, connect your printer to your WiFi router by following the steps explained in the previous section.
- Now download the printers driver from Canon’s website and complete the installation process by following instructions given on screen.
- After successfully setup of driver on Windows PC, open the “Control Panel”.
- Click on the “Device and printers” from the next appearing window.
- Select “Add Printer” option. Now a list of available printers will appear on the Screen.
- Choose your printer model number and hit next.
- Now your Printer will be added on your Windows PC.
Congratulations, you have now successfully completed the setup of Canon Pixma iX6820 wireless printer on your Windows PC.
Steps to Setup Canon Pixma iX6820 Wireless Printer on Mac
These are the standard method to setup Canon Pixma iX6820 wireless on the Mac follow these process as given below here:
- First of all, switch on your Mac, printer and WiFi.
- Then, follow the instructions given on the first section of this write up to connect Canon Pixma iX6820 printer to your WiFi connection.
- Once its done, download and install your printers driver.
- While your are settings up the driver, choose the ‘Cable less Setup Option’ and follow the on screen instruction.
- After successful installation, Go to the “Apple Menu” and choose the option of “System and Preference” from the Screen.
- Select “sPrinter and Scanners” option from the next appearing Window.
- Press the ‘+’ button to add your printer.
- Now from the list of shown printers, select your Canon printer and click on “Add” button.
- Finally setup has been done for Canon Pixma iX6820 wireless printer on Mac.
How to Setup Canon Pixma ix6820 Printer with Mobile Phone?
Here, in this section we will talk about setup of Canon Pixma iX6820 printer on mobile phone. Follow the below steps-
- Begin by clicking on your mobile phone’s home button.
- Now, flick the touchscreen either left or right and tap on the “LAN “ settings option.
- From the LAN settings option click on the “Wireless LAN setup” option. Thereafter tap on “Cable-less setup” and hit on “OK”.
- Now, open the Canon print inkjet/Selphy app” and select the “+” icon.
- From the bottom of the screen click on the “Register printer” option.
- Tap on the “Printer setup” option.
- Select the “Auto Connect” option and tap “Yes”.
- Here enter the router’s password and hit on “OK”.
- Click “OK” on “Sent the settings message”.
- Click on the detected printer and enter the name of the printer. Thereafter click on “OK”.
I hope the write up sufficiently lends you the information about setup Canon Pixma iX6820 printer to WiFi, Windows, Mac and mobile phone. However, in case of any further technical issues with your printer, feel free to reach us through our toll free helpline.